Within the first episode of the HIMSS21 Changemaker Podcast sequence, a HIMSSCast manufacturing, Healthcare IT Information Government Editor Mike Miliard speaks with Alison Conelly-Flores, chief medical info officer at City Well being Plan, a bunch of federally-qualified neighborhood well being facilities based mostly within the Bronx, New York.
On this interview, Conelly-Flores explains how the supplier’s digital well being report and IT infrastructure had been important to its fast response because the COVID-19 public well being emergency overwhelmed the town in spring of 2020. She describes UHP’s focused affected person engagement efforts to make sure vaccines may attain as many individuals as attainable. And she or he spotlights the worth of managing social determinants of well being, particularly in underserved communities – one thing that is at all times been core to UHP’s mission.
In June, HIMSS (mum or dad firm of Healthcare IT Information) named the primary recipients of the Changemakers in Well being Awards, meant to acknowledge leaders worldwide who’re harnessing info and know-how towards higher well being outcomes. The awardees can be acknowledged on the 2021 HIMSS International Well being Convention & Exhibition, scheduled for August 9-13 in Las Vegas. Examine again within the weeks and months forward for extra podcast interviews with different healthcare leaders from this 12 months’s record.
Themes and speaking factors on this Changemaker Podcast episode:
- An summary of Bronx-based City Well being Plan and its affected person inhabitants.
- Challenges and successes tales as CMIO at a FQHC.
- How UHP responded to the hard-hit early days of the COVID-19 disaster in NYC.
- Whether or not its know-how infrastructure was as much as the duty as affected person volumes elevated.
- Telehealth: The place it was pre-pandemic, and the way shortly it was scaled up?
- How digital care and distant monitoring can be utilized by UHP going ahead.
- The worth of EHR optimization, and greatest practices for enhancing supplier expertise.
- Affected person engagement methods for UHP’s vaccination outreach marketing campaign.
- How the pandemic has highlighted the necessity for higher consideration to SDOH.
Hyperlinks associated to this episode:
HIMSS names 2021 Changemaker Award winners
EHR helps City Well being Plan attend to ‘entire affected person’
Readers share their tales of how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting them
Digital well being instruments may also help with COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy
Medical teams urge racial information assortment efforts for COVID-19 vaccinations
The position of well being techniques in empowering communities
Digital well being literacy as a social determinant of well being